Sunday, January 31, 2010

Excercising

Today, Sunday, January 31, 2010, I made up my mind. I am not letting anything else stop me from excercising in the morning! I went a whole week getting up late, feeling crappy, and just not being "alive" - for lack of a better word. And I decided, even though no one is reading this blog, that I would report my excercising habits on here so that I can look back at it later and say: "There is where I started; this is where I am; See how far I've come!!" and I'd really KNOW how far I have come.

Before January 1, 2010, I wasn't excercising at all. I had bought an eliptical machine in 2008 with the intentions of excercising daily, but that fell off within a month of the purchase because frankly, I couldn't get into the habit, even though I was excercising every day. I think the difference now is that I have a goal. I keep thinking to myself: If I can't excercise for more than 10 or 15 min on my eliptical, how in the hey am I going to walk for 60 miles? So, I'm pushing myself.

The machine I bought has a timer thing, but it runs on batteries - I should say it eats batteries alive, because they only last 3 weeks. I stopped trying to use the timer thing - I was wasting too many batteries and started thinking of their "green cost" and felt guilty for depending on them. Instead I am pushing myself through my playlist. So, I will tell you which songs I pushed myself through today: "Drawing Flies" by Soundgarden (2:26); "Dead Skin Mask" by Slayer (5:23); and "All Summer Long" by Kid Rock (4:57) - which leaves me with a total excercise time of: 12:46. Not bad considering when New Year's rolled around I was excercising: 0:00. (And don't forget I took last week off!)

One of these days I will be able to exercise through all 28 of my songs. When that happens, I will celebrate!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment