Saturday, January 30, 2010

Parking...

My husband's birthday was last Monday, and I took him out to lunch. When we arrived at the restaurant, he parked as far away from the restaurant as he possibly could. When I asked him why, he said, "because you need to walk." I can't tell you how sweet that was or how it made me feel that he is supporting me in this way.

On Friday night, our regular date night, I parked in the same manner at the restaurant even though it was cold and icky outside. I think that even adding this little bit of walking to my life will help me meet my goals. I am just hoping I can keep it up. Of course, with my husband around I don't think I will be able to get out of it!

Oh, and I just have to say, that even today, when I was by myself and the weather was less than "nice" (say 38 degrees and rainy), I parked on the outskirts of the parking lot, passing up a prime parking spot by the door for a further one just so I can walk more.

No comments:

Post a Comment