Thursday, March 25, 2010

Training....I think?

It was such a beautiful evening last night, that my dog, Loomis (pictured at left), and I took a nice stroll through the neighborhood. I don't know how long of a walk we took, but we did walk, which is the important part. I've never really measured the route, I don't have a pedimeter, and I didn't look at the clock when we left or when we came back. I think I will drive the route tonight and see how long it was.....and report back for the next walk we take!


While I don't know how far we went, we did have an enjoyable evening talking with neighbors, interrupting basketball games, and making indoor dogs jealous - you should have heard them barking as we passed their houses! It felt so good to be out in the fresh air. All in all, we had fun even though I had to keep Loomis moving - he is such a magnet for kids! He is so outgoing and loves people so much that he wanted to stop and let everyone we came across pet him to death. I'm glad he is easy going enough to keep a pace, without too much of a fuss. As you can see from the photo, I was not dragging him along, he was leading the way. Such a good dog!

I am so glad I have such a great walking partner for the neighborhood. I'm hoping he can keep up with me for lots of training walks as they get longer and longer.





No comments:

Post a Comment