Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Morning Ritual & Other Excercise...

Today, I reached a new goal: I surpassed the 20 minute mark! I even worked up one of those drippy, icky sweats!

Here is today's soundtrack: Drawing Flies by Chris Cornell (2:26); Head Over Feet by Alanis Morrisette (4:27); Mother by Danzig (3:25); Blackened by Metallica (6:41); Making Out by No Doubt (4:15); and Who Knew by Pink (3:31). Total workout time: 24:45 - SO CLOSE to the 25 minute mark!!!

Of course, this may be consided a retrograde milestone 3 days after my husband and I walked Discover Mills Mall for 30 minutes on Sunday! Now, I know what you are thinking: how can I count walking through a mall as 'excercise'? Well, that's easy: we went shopping BEFORE we started the clock! Discover Mills was a great place to walk, because even though the parking lot was FULL, there were not many people milling through the main walkways. The mall itself is huge, set up in "neighborhoods" and each neighborhood has a different theme too keep things interesting. We kept up a pretty good pace, even carrying the baby cast iron skillet I bought at Bass Pro Shops. (Remind me not to do that again!) Both of us worked up a hunger.....and ruined our excercise with burgers at Chili's. I can't figure out if it was the excercise that worked up the appetite or the constant smells of Wetzel's Pretzel's, Cinnabon, and movie theater popcorn from AMC. I'm blaming the aromas rather than the excercise, just so I don't sucker myself into doing that again! My husband and I had such a great time, I'm going to try to go to the Mall of Georgia this Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment