Friday, August 16, 2013

This year, so different....

Here I am 63 days away from walking 60 miles, and I feel utterly defeated. Between the stress over the mammogram, the controversy regarding the Susan G. Komen Foundation, and the lack of participation (to the point 1/2 of next year's events are cancelled), I am lost. Everywhere I turn, there is more and more controversy facing me. I have only raised 43% of the required monies to participate, and am having problems asking people to donate. Well, I ask, but the response I have been receiving makes it harder for me to ask again, or ask others, so the donations are not coming in as they had in the past.

Three years ago, when there was a training walk, there were several walkers and new people every time. This year, it seems that the attending walkers are just us - the training walk leader the few teammates that can join us (4 people at most). Don't get me wrong, I LOVE our walks even when it is just 2 of us; I am just so saddened that there aren't more people participating and the lack of participation is so VERY apparent when there isn't anyone there.

I feel that I am stuck - but I have such a supportive team, and a husband who won't let me quit no matter how heartbroken I am (he's been fixing that as much as he can....) that I can't be stuck anymore.

I have got to get my butt in gear (and in shape) so that 63 days from now I will walk with my head held high for all 60 miles!!!

Thanks for reading! ~ Deanna

No comments:

Post a Comment